In the years I’ve been a childbirth Doula, I have followed many things through serving the families that invite me. My training at Seattle Midwifery School with DONA International was amazing and I have drawn on what I learned formally many times. However, my philosophy on birthing is one that needs not an education, but a heart.
I truly believe that every woman knows what she will need during labor. Each pregnancy, labor and delivery may demand something new from a mother, and I am honored to support any woman through this amazing time in her life.
Birthing is not about natural or medicated, vaginal or cesarean or any other variable that we use to ‘define’ birth. Birthing is about the journey into motherhood. Being a doula is about supporting the choices each and every woman makes. To me, it is helping a woman feel empowered, in control and safe to make the decisions that are best for her and her baby.
I am humbled by the families that I’ve served in their sacred birthing space and look forward to following this calling into the future to help more families get the birth they desire.
Treasured Journey Doula Services clients receive access to a lending library! This is an amazing resource to explore new ideas, learn about something you’re curious about and discuss it with your doula!
In addition to the fantastic lending library available, Treasured Journey Doula Services provides a comprehensive recommendations list. This list includes local providers in traditional and holistic services. Ask me about my resource list today!
Our lending library includes:
Pregnancy and Birth Books
- The Birth Partner by Penny Simkin
- Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn: the Complete Guide by Simkin, Whalley and Keppler
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
- The Thinking Woman’s Guide to a Better Birth by Henci Goer
- The Pregnancy Book by Dr Sears
- Chicken Soup for the Expectant Mother
- Hypnobirth: the Mongan Method by Marie Mongan
Newborn, Infant and Postpartum Books
- The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers by Dr Jack Newman
- The Baby Book by Dr Sears
- Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron
Pregnancy Documentaries and Movies
- The Business of Being Born
- Pregnant in America
- Birth into Being: The Russian Waterbirth Experience
- Orgasmic Birth